- This event has passed.
Oct. 16: Rural Fairfield/Litchfield County Roads Coffee Run – Departs Newtown, CT
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
This is the 2nd annual Coffee Run for this route and the fall colors should be at their peak. If you plan on attending, please email the organizer at: email@example.com. You will only be contacted if there is a change to the itinerary.
We will start the drive headed down into Sandy Hook and then turn towards the Housatonic River. After a brief run along the river, we will turn north and travel the backroads of Roxbury, Bridgewater, and Washington en route to the eastern shore of Lake Waramaug. From Warren, we will make our way up, down, and around to the midway stop in Litchfield. After the midpoint rest stop, we will make our way back through more remote twisting and turning roads to Woodbury and ultimately to our starting point.
- Starting/ending point: 6 Queen St. Dunkin’ Donuts, Newtown, CT
- Meet up between 8:00-8:30. Drivers meeting at 8:30 followed by an 8:45 departure
- Gas at I-84 ramps. Left out of the lot, right at the light, 1/2 mile to Alltown on the left and Mobil on right
- Total Miles = 84
- Two lunch options will be available at the start/end:
– “My Place” (https://www.myplacepizza.com/) In the lot where we started. Pizza, grinders, pasta etc.
– “Barnwood Grill” (barnwoodgrill.com) Directly across the street from our start. More of a “dining” atmosphere. Offers an excellent variety of entrees; moderately priced.