Welcome to the 2021 AutoX Season
Autocross is a very exciting form of motorsport held at typical street and highway speeds. It emphasizes precise car control in a low-cost, friendly and safe competition. Learn and rapidly refine advanced driving skills and techniques in the non-threatening and safe environment of a course marked by traffic cones in a large parking lot. You are encouraged and coached by advanced driving instructors about the basics and the fine points of driving to the edge of your and your car’s limits. Enjoy your car’s handling like nowhere else and discover the fun and camaraderie of autocross. It is recommended to drive autocross before your first Drivers Education event since the skills are directly transferable.
REVISED 2021 Schedule (due to new Yard Goats schedule)
1) May 8 – Hartford
2) June 19 – Hartford
3) July 10 – Hartford
4) Aug 14 – LRP B Paddock
5) Sept 11 – LRP B Paddock
6) Oct 16 + Run Off – Hartford
Registration is at: https://www.motorsportreg.com/
We will continue to follow these Covid19 procedures from last year until further notice.
The safety of our members, friends, and the community is our highest priority. We will respectfully be following all of the latest COVID guidelines to make sure this event remains fun for all. Everyone is asked to respect these new safety measures. We all need to do our part:
- Bring your own mask, hand sanitizer, gloves, pen, garbage bag, and use them. Don’t forget the usual things like your own water, food, sun-screen, chair.
- Thoughtfully use your sanitizer and gloves for your work shift (flag handles, timing/scoring areas, pylons, etc.). While virus transmittal risk from sun-baked items may be low, please be respectfully cautious.
- The main tent will be roped off to maintain distance for the timing and scoring people. Bring your own shade if desired (properly weighted tent, umbrella, big hat?).
- NEW: Pre-registration on Motorsport.reg.com is required! No walk-up registration will be allowed. Go to: https://www.motorsportreg.com/
- Due to COVID, you may cancel at any time, including that morning, with a full refund or credit. Please do so as soon as you can so that we can re-plan the schedule without you.
- Use “Air fist pumps” and “Air-Fives” instead of handshakes.
- Limited loaner helmets will be exclusively reserved on a first-come basis by emailing Paul Kudra email@example.com. It is preferred that you order your own Snell 2015, or 2020 helmet on-line. Buy the latest Snell-rated helmet you can so it remains valid the longest. The Snell SA (Special Application) rating is preferred since it is for car motorsports.
- Instruction will be done out-of-car, except for rare same-household Instructor/student situations.
Registration is on-line at http://www.motorsportreg.com
Online registration usually closes the previous Wednesday at midnight and is $40 for PCA members and $45 for non-members. NO “walk-up” registrations will be allowed this year!
CVR Championship AutoX Series
The CVR Championship AutoX series continues for 2021. We will count your best 3 finishes out of 6 events. If you are not feeling well or suspect any Covid exposure please cancel your registration at any time including the morning of the event for a full refund. Hoffman Porsche of East Hartford has supported CVR for many years with the Hoffman Cup Run Off event based on the championship points. Stay tuned for details about the 2021 Hoffman Cup event, which will only be run in full compliance in full compliance with all state and federal health guidelines in effect on October 9th. Registration is on-line at http://www.motorsportreg.com
AutoX-University classes will continue to be held at each event to promote “Better Driving Faster!” A unique course is designed to complement the driving skill featured that day. The course maps and virtual drive videos are provided on this page about a week before each event to help you learn each new course so you can concentrate on the driving skills featured for that event.
2021 CVR AutoX Loyalty Program
The camaraderie and competition of CVR AutoX is only possible because of our loyal members that drive all season long. To thank these members and entice more drivers to keep coming back, we are continuing the AutoX Loyalty Program in 2021.
The CVR AutoX Hoffman Porsche tent will continue to be utilized for only Timing & Scoring until Covid19 guidance changes, so please bring your own shade if desired (umbrella or properly weighted tent). You can still relax with new and old friends and pick up tips that refine your driving skills, but now with a mask and at appropriate distance.
CVR Autocross Videos
See CVR Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/CVRPCAAutoX
7:15-7:45: Arrive at Event
7:45-8:15: Check-in and course walk
8:30: Drivers Meeting
9:00: First Car Off
3:00-4:00: Last Runs & Trophies
Autocross and Novice Information
For more info, click HERE.
AutoX Event dates
Upcoming Autocross events are listed in the website calendar
2021 Course Maps
Login to the Members Section to view results.
Courses are designed to be safe, to feel FAST, and to be FUN! Imagine driving a twisty back road at highway speeds but in a safe parking lot. Many features are used to make the course easy to follow, including two colors of cones, directional arrows, other signs, and visual landmarks. The course map is published here about a week in advance of each event.
2020 Course Maps
View the NEW 2021 CVR AutoX Rules here.
V.P., Autocross: Paul Kudra – firstname.lastname@example.org