The Connecticut Valley Region (CVR) of The Porsche Club of America (PCA) was founded in 1959 and consists of over 3,200 members in Connecticut and the nearby area. We believe all Porsches are equal. So, whether you are passionate about your 356, 911, 914, 924, 928, 944, 968, Macan, Cayenne, Cayman, Boxster, Taycan, Panamera, or any of the other amazing Porsche models, you and your family are always welcome at our events and gatherings.
As a club, we strive to offer a variety of events including driving activities, social gatherings, autocross, track days, high-performance driver education, club racing, tech sessions, car shows, insider exclusives, and premieres: there’s something for everyone at CVR. Beyond Connecticut Valley Region, you also have access to PCA Zone 1 events throughout New England, and PCA National Events. As a member of CVR, you’re encouraged to show off your prized possession to people who can appreciate it while attending a wide array of CVR-sponsored events. Whether you like a bit of friendly competition or prefer to socialize, there is something for you and the family.
At our website, you can stay current with the club calendar, read club news, view event photos, and even shop for CVR and PCA merchandise! There are also useful links to PCA, Zone 1, and our generous sponsors. While you’re there, check out the Calendar of Events, mark your calendars and sign up for the next activity that appeals to you. Then all you do is count the days until the time comes when you and other enthusiastic club members get together to have fun.
CVR uses an emailer system as a platform for “blasts” to announce upcoming events and communicate with the entire member community. Every Tuesday morning, from February until mid-November, you’ll get an email from us that lists the next 10 events on our calendar. If you’d like to opt out of those emails, you can do so by using the change preferences link at the bottom of every email.
- Community Service – We have various community service activities benefiting different organizations such as Spooner House and Autism Families CONNECTicut.
- Membership Meetings –Our program chairs work hard to put together an interesting program each month that pertains to all things Porsche. It is also a great place to gather more information about other programs.
- Special Events – Each year the Club’s Social Chairs work hard to bring us a wide variety of events that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
- PCA Corral and Porscheplatz – If you are a Porsche Club of America member or own a Porsche, you are invited to attend Porscheplatz. Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) sponsors the hospitality tent, and PCA volunteers provide the manpower to park cars and manage tent activities. The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) plays a major role in coordinating Porscheplatz activities with PCNA and the race venues.
On the Road
- Concours – If you enjoy seeing great-looking Porsches and if you enjoy washing, cleaning, and waxing your car, then you’ll enjoy Concours events. A Concours is a people’s choice judged event where owners compete based on the overall condition or preservation of their vehicle.
- Rally – The objective of a rally is to follow a course from point to point, usually on public roads, to the precise detail specified in the rules – it can be competitive or for fun. Competitive rallies dictate a certain time schedule for the checkpoints along the way. Points are deducted by arriving at the checkpoint either early or late. Fun rallies may include a gimmick (poker rally, regional interest). Part of the challenge with a fun rally is to discover the intended route, which may require other skills such as solving a puzzle or looking for obscure reference points.
- Tour – Our tour chairs organize specially designed trips to discover new roads in the Connecticut Valley Region and simply to enjoy driving your Porsche! CVR members and guests meet up at a defined starting location, drive together along an interesting route, and enjoy a unique place or destination – often including a luncheon with CVR friends.
On the Track
- Autocross – The Autocross Program provides a structured environment in which to promote the education and improvement of driving skills in a safe and controlled environment.
- Club Race – PCA Club Racing is an organized race series for members who want to take high-performance driving to the next level and compete behind the wheel.
- Driver Education – The DE Program is designed so that participants can improve their driving abilities and acquire a better understanding of vehicle dynamics and driving safety. Participants will experience first-hand the capabilities of high-performance automobiles in a controlled, closed-course environment and acquire skills that will enhance safer vehicle operation in all driving situations.
- PCA Sim Racing – PCA hosts several sim racing leagues each year for everyone from expert to entry-level sim racers. Each race is live-broadcasted on YouTube. Members, co-members, PCA Juniors, and Test Drive subscribers are welcome to join the competitive and fun PCA simulated racing.
Club Store – Shop here for the latest in CVR clothing and accessories.
Last, but certainly not least, you may purchase a CVR member name badge for $10. Please contact Lynn Keller, Name Badge Coordinator, at email@example.com
I look forward to meeting you at a CVR PCA event!
CVR Membership Chair