PCA Zone 1 Weekend Getaway: October 6th – 9th in Ithaca, NY
This year’s Getaway is priced at $1300 per couple, $975 single occupancy – which includes:
- Lodging & dinners for 3 nights (Thursday thru Saturday)
- Breakfast and lunch for 3 days (Friday thru Sunday)
- All entry fees for weekend venues
- Plus, the Goodie Bag!
If you would like to arrive early or stay later, lodging is available pre or post event (Wednesday or Sunday) at a price of $234.82, taxes included, a night. Call the hotel directly at (607) 272-1000 to make reservations, and reference “PCA Zone One Weekend Getaway.”
As with all Porsche events, the club does not provide/cover the expense of alcoholic beverages.
Registration is now open and is limited to 35 rooms (single or double occupancy)
How to Register
Go to https://clubregistration.net/ Search for TOURS, PCA Zone 1
If you do not have an account, you will need to create one.
The first 35 paid room registrations will fill the event
Registrations without payment and those paid after the event is full will be put on a waiting list.
Registrations by August 10th can enter sizes for special Zone 1 Getaway shirts on the registration form. After August 10th we’ll make our best effort to obtain requested sizes.
We’re excited to announce the PCA Zone One Getaway Weekend, a 4-day event for PCA members in Zone 1 (Northeast and Canada) to make new friends, enjoy great rides and celebrate our love of Porsches. In the past, we’ve travelled to Saratoga Springs and Jamestown (NY) – this year… we’re going to Ithaca!
The Itinerary (Thursday – Sunday)
- After arriving and checking in on Thursday afternoon, you can go shopping in the downtown district, take a walk in a park or just kick back and relax. The first evening we dine at the Johnson Museum of Art at Cornell University.
- Friday morning after breakfast, get your driving gloves on as we are off on a drive to Watkins Glen International, one of America’s most historic tracks. We’ll have a chance to experience paced laps on this iconic course and we’ll enjoy lunch overlooking the view. The afternoon is yours to explore the region or downtown Ithaca. After dinner, you can hang with friends, old and new, explore the city or settle in back at the hotel.
- Saturday morning, we head out for a back-country drive through the fall colors (hopefully!) on our way to the Corning Glass Museum. We’ll enjoy a tour of the museum and lunch. The afternoon is yours to explore the region. Then, of course, there is the Saturday evening dinner – formal (nice) attire please – at the hotel.
- Sunday morning, we’ll take a relaxed drive through hills and on the lakeshore before stopping for our departure lunch. After a relaxed lunch, we’ll say our goodbyes until the 2023 Weekend Getaway.
- Ithaca, a small city located in central New York State is an intersection of Education, Industry, Nature, History and Wine. Our home base will be the beautiful Hotel Ithaca.
- The city of Ithaca began as a small commercial center at the head of Cayuga Lake. The state recognized Ithaca as the county seat in 1817 when it formed Tompkins County and it was incorporated as a Village in 1821. Cornell University opened in 1868 and in 1888 Ithaca became a city.
- The architecture in the city reflects styles of the past; there are interesting churches; A.M.E. Zion the oldest church building; the Clinton House, a Greek Revival style hotel now converted into office and theater space; the Ithaca Commons, the first pedestrian street in the state; and Ithaca College. The city is also home to the Tompkins County Museum, the Sciencenter, Cornell’s Johnson Museum, and numerous galleries.
Pricing Details (Thursday – Sunday)
Event Organizers: Chris and Linda Klapper